- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons nut butter (I used hazelnut)
- 4 tablespoons genuine maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons good quality cocoa (I used Valrhona)
- To serve:
- ¼ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
Mousse: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until thick and smooth.
To serve: Divide between small glasses or bowls and top with the hazelnuts and raspberries. The mousse can be covered and chilled for up to 3 days.
Cook’s Tip: I also use the mousse as a topping on cakes and to fill small cooked pastry cases for a quick dessert. You could use peanut, macadamia and cashew nut butter with the corresponding nut to garnish.
Recipe: Claire Aldous, Photography: Aaron McLean