- 600 grams boneless pork scotch fillet steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, cumin and paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander and cumin
- pinch of chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tomato salsa
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50 grams feta, crumbled
- small handful coriander, chopped
- To serve:
- 2 avocados, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- flour tortillas, warm
- lime wedges to serve
1. Slice the pork thinly against the grain. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the pork and coat well in the spice paste.
3. Heat a sauté pan with a little oil and when hot, cook the pork in batches for 2 minutes until just cooked through and golden. Don’t overcrowd the pan or the meat will start to stew and be tough. Transfer to a dish, cover and keep warm.
Onions: Heat the oil in a sauté pan with the onions, capsicum and spices. Season and cook over a medium high heat until tender.
Salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season.
To serve: Roughly mash the avocado flesh with the lemon juice and season. Serve the pork in warm tortillas with the onions, salsa and crushed avocado and squeeze over a wedge of lime.
Recipe: Claire Aldous, Photography: Manja Wachsmuth