- 200g flour
- 1 egg
- 500g chicken breast or tenderloin(skinless), diced
- 4 Clarks Celery sticks, finely diced
- 300g Greater Good Mini Carrots, finely diced
- 15g Superb Herb Chives, chopped
- 2-3 tbs Delmaine Mustard
- 250g Ricotta or Sour Cream
- 1 Leek
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180◦C.
- In a kitchen whizz combine flour, 80 ml olive oil and one egg. Season.
- Add a little more oil if needed so it looks moist and crumbly.
- Refrigerate in a covered bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When hot, add the chicken, celery and carrot.
- Cook until the chicken is done but not too brown.
- Add 2 tsp flour, chives and mustard and cook for a minute longer. Season.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the ricotta or sour cream.
- Put the filling into a pie dish.
- Cover the top of the pie with crumbled pastry. It will look rustic.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and the filling is bubbling up around the edges.
- Wash and slice the leeks.
- Sauté in a pan with a little oil or butter until soft. Season well.
- Serve the leeks with the pie.
- Instead of chives you could add tarragon and a little lemon rind.
- Substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta.
- Add some capers for a salty tart taste in the dish.
Recipe: Fresh Meals Made Easy