- 220 g Pams butter, softened
- 2¼ cups Pams caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 3½ cups Pams plain flour
- 1½ tsp Pams baking powder
- 1½ tsp Pams baking soda
- 2 tbsp Pams cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp raspberry essence
- 2 cups Pams icing sugar
- 4 tbsp blueberry juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease a 25 cm cake tin and line with baking paper, or grease a bundt tin with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mixing well after each. Lastly, add vanilla and yoghurt and mix until just combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together into a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between three separate bowls. Fold sifted cocoa powder and milk into one portion, fold raspberry essence into another portion and leave the third portion plain.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixtures into the prepared tin, alternating between the different colours. Bake for approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- When done (a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean), leave in tin for 5 to 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Sift icing sugar into a bowl and add blueberry juice, mixing to combine. The icing will be a little runny.
Once cake has cooled, pour icing over the cake and let it drizzle down the sides. Serve at room temperature, with cream if desired!
Photography: Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley