- Chia seed mix:
- 4 tbsp white chia seeds
- 250 ml coconut water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- coconut yoghurt (or regular unsweetened Greek yoghurt)
- 1 fresh mango, cut into thin slices
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 lime
- edible flowers, to garnish
- Combine all chia seed mix ingredients in a bowl and set aside until the chia seeds have fully hydrated and the mixture is thick (this usually takes about 15 minutes).
- Spoon half of the chia mixture into 2 medium-sized glass bowls or 4 smaller glass cups. Place a generous layer of mango above the chia mix. Spoon a thick layer of coconut yoghurt (or regular yoghurt) on top of that, followed by passionfruit, and then the remaining chia mix.
- Decorate with mango and lime slices, and edible flowers. Enjoy!
Recipe: Hannah Horton, Photography: Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley