- 1 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shelled chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown or white long grain rice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 chopped coriander leaves
Cook rice according to package directions, replacing with broth and omitting salt and butter or margarine.
In large skillet, melt butter or margarine. Stir in celery, mushrooms, water chestnuts and onion. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, until celery is tender-crisp.
Add basil, curry powder, sage and pepper and stir for about 30 seconds. Stir in cooked rice and water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cereal, pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Serve immediately.