Be in to win a family holiday, movie tickets and more!
Simply purchase a Cookie Time product and scan your Clubcard to be in to win.
Full Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (NZ) Limited (‘Foodstuffs’) and Cookie Time (‘Supplier’) jointly (Promoter).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on 30th September 2019 and runs until close of trade on 3rd November 2019 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw each time you purchase a Cookie Time product during the Promotion Period and scan your Clubcard card instore (Loyalty Card) at the time of payment, or when you enter your Clubcard details before the time of payment for I shop purchases (Eligible Purchase) at all New World stores nationwide plus online at www.ishopnewworld.co.nz, but excluding Fresh Collective by New World stores and including Shoprite Inglewood (Participating Stores).
When your Loyalty Card is scanned (or Clubcard entered in the case of I shop purchases) you will automatically be entered into the draw.
5. You will only receive one entry into the competition even if you purchase multiple participating products in your Eligible Purchase.
6. If an entry is made by a Clubcard secondary card holder scanning that Clubcard, the entry will be made in the name of the primary Clubcard holder.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a) you cannot be a New World or Clubcard staff member; a Cookie Time staff member; a Universal Pictures NZ staff member; or work for any of the aforementioned companies Advertising Agencies or be an immediate family member.
b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase and scanned your Clubcard at the time of purchase;
c) you must be a current Clubcard member;
d) you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
How winners will be selected
8. The prize winner will be drawn by Loyalty New Zealand Limited (Loyalty) on behalf of Foodstuffs by 17th November 2019 by random electronic selection from all entries. The first eligible winners drawn will win the following prizes, in that order. The prizes include:
9. Prizes in the New World / Cookie Time promotion are:
1. 1 x Family Trip to Auckland with 2 nights hotel accommodation and necessary travel arrangements including flights if needed. This trip will include access to the Universal PRIVATE cinema screen based at St 387 Tamaki Drive, St Heliers, Auckland 1071 to watch The Addams Family movie (or if unavailable, Gold Class family tickets to an Auckland cinema).
a. The Family Trip covers two adult and two child travellers. Travellers do not all need to be related however at least one member of the travelling party needs to be 18 or over and the Parent or Guardian of any minors.
b. Return airfares to Auckland (if applicable). If the winner lives in Auckland, no airfares will be supplied.
c. Airport transfers (if applicable)
d. At least one member of the family must have a valid cell phone number and email address and be able to access this whilst travelling.
e. Two nights’ accommodation in Auckland. Location to be confirmed prior to promotion ending.
2. 280 Single movie passes – passes will be valid at cinemas throughout NZ whilst the film is in season.
3. 20 double movie passes – passes will be valid at cinemas throughout NZ whilst the film is in season.
4. 10 Merchandise packs that include: 1 plush spider backpack, 1 Thing Hand replica, 1 Thing Mini Notebook, 1 figurine set (6 per set), 1 Glow sticker sheet, 1 stationary set, 1 double pass to The Addams Family.
There are 311 prizes to be won. The total prize pool is valued at $14,000.
10. Where the Prize or a prizing component is supplied by Universal Pictures NZ;
a. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Universal Pictures in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
b. To the fullest extent permitted by law Universal Pictures will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
c. Universal Pictures its related companies, and agencies associated with this promotion, will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability or injury (‘Loss’) suffered by any person in any way associated with the promotion including as a result of participation in the promotion or use of the offer, except where such Loss cannot be excluded by law.
If prize becomes unavailable
11. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
12. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or the Supplier once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Loyalty Card used to enter the competition (or the primary Clubcard card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
13. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Loyalty Card’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
14. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
15. The selection results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
17. Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (the ‘Travel Prize’):
(1) the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
(a) Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
(2) The Winner and their travelling companions must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning.
(3) Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline's departure city and their current flight schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
(4) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
(5) Unless explicitly stated in the Terms and Conditions, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
(6) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
(7) The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the website of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
(8) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
(9) Travel insurance is not included in the prize however is strongly recommended.
Verifying compliance with these terms
18. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
19. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
20. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
21. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Loyalty Card, depending on the card you scan or enter for an Eligible Purchase will also apply and can be viewed at www.clubcard.co.nz.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
23. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs and Loyalty. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs, Loyalty and if applicable your Loyalty Card provider in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the applicable Loyalty Card terms and conditions. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.