Win a Monster Energy VIP Experience at the AUS-X in Melbourne, Australia.
Scan your Clubcard each time your purchase any 2 or more Monster Energy 500ml cans to be in to win.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Coca-Cola Amatil (N.Z.) Limited, The Oasis, Mt Wellington, Auckland (“CCA”) (Promoter).
3. Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd. is not the promoter of the Promotion. The Monster Energy brand names, logos and/or materials are used for the purposes of promotion and/or prize descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd’s sponsorship of this Promotion.
Promotion Period and how to enter
4. The competition commences on 09.09.2019 and runs until close of trade on 06.10.2019 (Promotion Period).
5. You will receive one entry in the draw each time you purchase any 2 or more Monster Energy 500ml cans (Participating Products) in a single transaction during the Promotion Period and scan your Clubcard card instore at the time of payment, or when you enter your Clubcard details before the time of payment for I shop purchases (Eligible Purchase) at any New World stores nationwide or online at www.ishopnewworld.co.nz, (Participating Stores) but excluding Fresh Collective by New World stores and including Shoprite Inglewood.
6. When your Clubcard is scanned (or Clubcard entered in the case of I shop purchases) you will automatically be entered into the draw.
7. You may only enter the competition once with each Eligible Purchase, even if you purchase multiple Participating Products in that Eligible Purchase.
8. If an entry is made by a Clubcard secondary card holder scanning that Clubcard, the entry will be made in the name of the primary Clubcard holder.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
9. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a) you cannot be a New World or Clubcard staff member;
b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase and scanned your Clubcard at the time of purchase;
c) you must be a current Clubcard member;
d) you must be 18 years or older; and
e) you must consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
10. The winner and his/her companion must be at least 18 years old to take the Prize.
11. If a winner is under the age of 18, the Prize will be redrawn.
How winners will be selected
12. The prize winner will be drawn by Loyalty New Zealand Limited (Loyalty) on behalf of Foodstuffs by 14.10.2019 by random electronic selection from all entries. The first eligible winner drawn will win A Monster Energy VIP Experience at the AUS-X in Melbourne, Australia.
If prize becomes unavailable
13. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
14. Winners will be notified by Foodstuffs or the Promoter once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Clubcard used to enter the competition (or the primary Clubcard card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 5 working days of a draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
15. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Clubcard system, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
16. There is 1 Monster Energy VIP Experience for 1 winner and 1 companion to join the Monster Energy team at the AUS-X in Melbourne, Australia. Winner and the nominated companion must be available to travel from 29.11.2019 to 01.12.2019. Flights are from the winners closest International airport. The winner and their companion must make their own return way to the closest International airport to be eligible to take up this prize.
The Prize package is comprised of:
a. Return economy flights for two to Melbourne, Australia from the winner’s closest International airport in New Zealand;
b. Airport transfers;
c. Twin share accommodation;
d. NZD $1,000 spending money for the winner only; and
e. Tickets to the Aus-X Open and access to the Monster Rig Riots.
Total Prize value NZD $15,000.
17. Additional transfers to those specified and any Ground Operator Handling Fees are not included. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for all other expenses including meals, drinks, laundry charges, activities (unless specified), car hire, hotel incidentals and in room charges, service charges, gratuities and additional taxes. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other travel and prize related expenses become the responsibility of the winner and his/her companion. Travel insurance is not included. Selection of airline, departure times and accommodation venue is at the Promoter’s discretion at the time of booking. The winner is responsible for any vehicle hire and insurance during the Prize dates. Airline travel, and accommodation are subject to the relevant supplier’s standard terms and conditions and the Promoter will not be liable for any act or omission of any third party providing those services. The Prize must be taken as offered and may not be deferred, is not transferable, and may not be exchanged for cash or taken in parts. Cost for changes made by the winner (or their companion) to the Prize after it has been booked must be paid by the winner (or their companion). The winner will be required to present a valid credit card when checking in to the accommodation.
18. Prior to being awarded the Prize, the winner and his/her companion will be required to:
Show proof of their identity and a valid NZ Passport; and
To the fullest extent permitted by law, sign a “Participation Agreement” in the form required by the Promoter, confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions, relating to the Prize, releasing the Promoter, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion.
19. If the Participating Agreements are not signed by the winner and his/her companion and returned to the Promoter within 5 business days of receiving the Participation Agreements documents, the Prize will be forfeited.
20. The winner and his/her companion take the Prize entirely at their own risk and will be responsible for complying with all laws and requirements relating to the use of the Prize. Any failure by the winner and his/her companion to comply with the conditions imposed by the Prize supplier(s) may result in the Prize being cancelled or withdrawn without liability for the Promoter or the Prize supplier(s).
21. If the winner or his/her companion is unable to take the Prize, due to any illness or personal circumstances beyond the winner’s or companion’s control, the winner must immediately notify the Promoter. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, allow the winner to nominate another person to whom the Prize can be transferred and the Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to transfer the Prize accordingly. The Promoter will not be liable if any part of the Prize in unable to be transferred to the person nominated by the Winner.
22. If any Prize item is unavailable, despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure it, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or greater cash value.
23. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
24. The selection results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Verifying compliance with these terms
25. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
26. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, Foodstuffs, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
27. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
28. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, terms and conditions of your Clubcard, depending on the card you scan or enter for an Eligible Purchase will also apply and can be viewed at www.clubcard.co.nz.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
30. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs and Loyalty. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs, Loyalty and if applicable your Loyalty Card provider in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the applicable Loyalty Card terms and conditions. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.