- 1 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In large bowl, stir together cereal and boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- Stir eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla into softened cereal; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 20 to 22 minutes, until centre gives slightly when touched with finger. (Do not over bake.) Let cool completely before cutting.
Tip: Sift cocoa through mesh sieve to remove lumps before adding to flour.