Swedish berry cake
Unbelievably quick to make with only 5 ingredients, this can be enjoyed warm or cold. Serve it warm to unexpected guests as dessert or whip it up while the kids are at kindy!
View the method
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 75g butter – melted
- 1 cup plain flour
- Your choice of frozen berries - I use raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries or a mixture.
Back to ingredients
- Heat oven to 200C
- In a large bowl mix the 2 eggs together with a whisk.
- Whisk in the caster sugar then stir in the melted butter followed by the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a brownie sized tin lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle over enough frozen berries to loosely cover the cake then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!