Dark Chocolate Caramel Slice
Dark Chocolate and caramel are a delicious combination. This is a luscious treat for everyone to enjoy and its really easy to slice.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 80g butter, chopped, extra
- 125g CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts
- 90g butter, extra, chopped
1. SIFT together the flour, cocoa and cinnamon into a bowl and then stir through the sugar and coconut. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Press into the base of a greased and paper lined 28cm x 18cm slice pan (ensure paper extends 5cm above the top of the pan). Bake in a moderate oven 180oC for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
2. COMBINE the condensed milk, golden syrup and extra 80g butter in a saucepan and gently heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Pour over the base, smooth the surface and then bake in a moderate oven 180oC for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
3. GENTLY melt together the chocolate and extra 90g butter in a bowl over simmering water. Spread over the slice and chill until set. Store chilled in an airtight container until required. Cut into pieces and serve at room temperature.