Double chocolate and banana muffins
The rich chocolate flavour of these delectable muffins makes them as popular with children as adults.
View the method
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Alison's Pantry Choco Chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (2-3)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 210 oC.
- Measure all the dry ingredients, (including chocolate) in a large bowl. Blend them well with your fingertips, then whisk them lightly and thoroughly with a whisk or a fork.
- Mash the peeled, ripe bananas on a board, using a fork. (Bananas give the best flavour when they are really ripe, so don't remove any clear soft pieces.) Put them in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients and mix well until blended.
- Tip the banana mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix everything together just enough to dampen the flour, stopping before mixture is smooth.
- Spoon into 12 medium or 24 mini muffin pans, well coated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with extra choco chips or melts if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes until centre springs back when pressed.
- Leave standing for 3-4 mins. before lifting from muffin pans.
- Serve warm (or reheated), as is, or dusted with icing sugar, with tea or coffee at any time of day, or with mashed, sweetened raspberries and whipped cream or ice-cream for dessert. Freeze for use in school lunches.