Ultimate Lunchbox Muffins
These are adapted from the wonderful cookbook Vegan Lunchbox by Jennifer McCann. These are so nutritious, and inexpensive to boot! Freeze these and have something to chuck in the lunchbox every day.
View the method
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini or 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup sultana
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray briefly with non-stick spray.
- Combine flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the bananas, molasses, apple juice and vinegar until smooth. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the zucchini, walnuts, and sultanas.
- Divide mixture evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
- If freezing, freeze in individual freezer bags to pull out as needed.