Peanut Slab Cookies
When the emotion and high pressure of a rugby game get too much, a little sweet indulgence is the perfect antidote. Grab a Whittaker’s Peanut Slab or two and make these sweet-as cookies.
- 125g butter, softened
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups (190g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 x Whittaker’s 50g Peanut Slabs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan bake) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Beat together the butter, sugar, golden syrup, milk and vanilla essence until soft and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder over the beaten ingredients.
4. Roughly chop the peanut slabs into chunks, and add to the mixture. Mix together with a wooden spoon, then use your hands to form a dough.
5. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on the lined baking tray. Flatten.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Makes approximately 18 cookies.