Whizzed date loaf
"I enjoy baking for people whom I love, I get satisfaction and peace giving them away."
View the method
- 1 breakfast cup of dates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of high grade flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp of plum jam
- 1 tsp golden syrup
Back to ingredients
- Place dates and baking soda cover with warm water leave to soak.
- Put brown sugar and warmed butter in a bowl, mix together.
- Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Whizz the dates soaked in water and soda to a soft paste.
- Add jam and syrup to paste.
- Add to wet mix.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Place mix into a loaf tin and bake.