Balsamic and soy beef with charred capsicum & shallots
If you’re after a delicious feast for the whole family that’s rich in protein, iron and minerals, you can’t go past beef. Indulgent, hearty and easy to prepare, this meal will have everyone begging for seconds.
View the method
- ¼ cup Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Pams Finest Soy Sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1.2kg whole eye fillet of beef
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 4 red capsicums, seeds removed, sliced
- 6 shallots, halved
- Salad leaves, to serve
Back to ingredients
- Place the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and mustard in a small bowl and mix to combine. Place the beef into a shallow non-metallic dish, coat with the marinade, then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Remove the beef from the marinade and rub with the olive oil. Carefully place in the frying pan, brown on all sides, then transfer to a shallow roasting dish.
- Place in the oven and roast for 18-20 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sliced capsicum and shallots in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with the extra oil. Place on a large baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- To serve, slice the beef and place on a platter. Serve with the capsicum mixture and salad leaves on the side.
- Add extra flavour by making a sun-dried tomato butter to serve.
- Save time and effort by replacing the capsicum and shallots with a store bought onion jam.