Go-To Easy beef mince lasagne
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing like a hearty lasagne. Made with three types of cheese, our version is absolutely packed with flavour. It’s also super-quick and easy to prepare, then leave in the oven to bubble to perfection!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1kg beef mince
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 400g can tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 750g ricotta
- 3 cups (300g) mozzarella, plus extra ½ cup (50g) for topping
- 1 cup (100g) grated parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 400g fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the beef mince and cook until browned. Pour in the canned tomatoes and purée, then add the oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and nutmeg. Season to taste.
- Place half the mince mixture in the bottom of a 28x16cm baking dish. Top with a layer of pasta. Spoon over half the ricotta mixture, then top with another layer of pasta. Add another layer of the remaining mince and top with a layer of the remaining ricotta. Sprinkle with the extra mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until pasta is tender and top is bubbling and golden.