Use fresh tortillas if you prefer not to fry, or you can now buy tostadas under the Tio Pablo brand at selected New World stores.
View the method
- ½ cup Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 Corn tortillas, more if hungry
- 500 g White fish, sliced in to small pieces
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Chopped coriander
- 3 Tomatoes, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ Chopped red chilli, finely chopped, use more if you like things hot
- ¼ Red onion, small, finely sliced
- 4 cups Shredded lettuce
- 1 Avocado, sliced into small cubes
Back to ingredients
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Cook tortillas, one at a time, until crisp then drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Combine the fish and lemon juice and leave, covered, in the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes. Mix in salt then gently fold in the coriander, tomato, chilli and red onion.
- Top fried tortillas with lettuce, ceviche and avocado.