Ceylon chicken and mushroom curry
"My recipe is very adaptable and comes from a love of Indian spices. I have made it for many years and all whom have tried it love the flavour. It is the blend of the star anise, ginger and cinnamon that makes it special. The infusion of the special spices makes it the worlds tastiest dish."
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs of tomato puree
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 to 2 tsp of sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp of Turmeric
- Curry Powder to taste
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 whole star anise
- Sprinkle of cumin seeds
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 breast of Chicken
- Handful of button Mushrooms
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Cream to taste
- Fresh Coriander to Garnish
- Fry onions, ginger and garlic until soft.
- Add tomato puree, tinned chopped tomatoes and sugar.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to puree. Stir well. If texture is a thick after adding dry ingredients add a little water.
- Add chopped raw chicken to mix, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add whole boiled eggs and mushrooms to mixture and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Just before serving remove cinnamon stick and star anise then add fresh cream to taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with Basmati Rice.
- A good quality wine should accompany the meal such as Gewurztraminer.