Italian Roast Chicken
The ultimate roast chicken with a delicious Italian seasoning that will transform any roast.
View the method
- 1 size 14 Rangitikei chicken, (or free-range organic chicken)
- 30g Simon Gault Home Cuisine Italian seasoning
Back to ingredients
- Preheat an oven to 180°C. Remove any excess fat from the neck and bottom cavity of the chicken, then remove the wing tips by chopping through the outermost joint with a sharp knife.
- Using your fingers, loosen the skin from around the breast and thighs, then massage some of the herb rub under the skin. Liberally season the cavities with the rub as well as the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Place the chickens breast side up on a the roasting tray and place into the oven and cook for about 1 hour until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 65°C (or until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer) allow the chicken to rest for a good 10 minutes in a warm place.
Serve with mashed potato and slaw.