One dish Moroccan chicken and couscous
One dish meals are so simple when you are in a hurry, and they are also a breeze to clean up. This chicken and couscous is sure to be a family favourite.
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, skinless
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 400g can Wattie’s Chickpeas in Spring Water, drained
- 1 cup instant couscous
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Unsweetened Greek style yogurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Make a few cuts in the chicken flesh.
- Mix together ginger, garlic, coriander, paprika, cumin seeds and oil to make a paste. Rub the paste over the surface of the chicken. Place chicken in an casserole dish. Add chopped onion. Pour over chicken stock. Add apricots and Wattie’s Chickpeas. Cover
- Place casserole in the oven and cook for 1 hour. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the couscous over the chicken and stir into the sauce. Cover. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the sauce.
Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves and a spoonful of unsweetend Greek style yoghurt if desired.