Apricot and pistachio chocolate slice
"This is an easy recipe for the most divine chocolate slice ever! I tasted a similar recipe many years ago in a home-stay in the North Island, but then added my own variation of nuts and it has since become the best loved dessert among all family and friends. Great to give as Xmas gifts too :-)AC
- 500 g dark chocolate (Belgium if you have)
- 100 g chopped butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios (or almonds)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- Coconut (to sprinkle)
- In a large saucepan: melt dark chocolate over low heat.
- Add chopped butter.
- Add condensed milk.
- Quickly stir in nuts / apricots mix.
- Pour into a greased and lined load tin or similar.
- Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Cover and Refrigerate over night.
- Slice into squares (makes 24) or into slices (makes 12).