Chocolate Raspberry Brownie
"My sister-in-law first made something similar for a birthday, and gave me two recipes. I changed and used different ingredients from both and came up with this one. I have used this recipe for weddings and informal catering for community fundraising gatherings."
- 300 gm butter
- 1 cup of good cocoa powder
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of dark and/or white chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a large baking dish 24cm x 34cm.
- Melt butter in large bowl.
- Whisk cocoa powder into melted butter.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla, and beat for 4 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Add chopped chocolate, and sift in flour and baking powder, mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared dish, cover with raspberries and gently push into mixture.
- Bake at 160°C for 35-45 minutes - if you over cook it it will be dry.
- Leave to cool in dish for about 10 minutes.
- Either dust with icing sugar or serve with raspberry couli.