Apple, rhubarb & white chocolate crumble
Make this delicious dessert to share with friends and family. A crumble is always a winner.
View the method
- 2 cups of cooked apple, fresh or canned
- 500g washed, sliced rhubarb
- 1 packet of raspberry or strawberry jelly crystals
- Crumble mixture:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 75g butter cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Nestle White Choc Bits
Back to ingredients
- Place apple and rhubarb into a saucepan with a little water and gently cook until rhubarb is soft and breaking apart. Take off heat and stir in the jelly crystals.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Make the crumble while the fruit is cooking. Place flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and coconut in a bowl. Rub in the butter to form a crumble. Add the white choc bits. Alternately, place all ingredients except choc bits, in a food processor and process to form crumbs, then stir in the choc bits.
- Place the cooked fruit into greased individual ramekins or into one larger dish. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the fruit. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or plain yoghurt.