Banana chocolate fudge topping
"I created this chocolate fudge topping originally to deal with over ripe bananas! I have modified it to combine the bananas with lemon juice and zest to create a different, sensational taste. I use the topping over ice cream or yoghurt. It is versatile, abundantly tasty, quick to prepare and cook!"
- 2 bananas per person, (the bananas can be very ripe).
- heaped tbsp dark cocoa
- large tbsp honey.
- 30 grams butter.
- extra cream for moisture and add according to liquid consistency desired
- Into good quality pan melt butter.
- Slice bananas into melting butter.
- Add honey (to taste according to sweetness preferred), and combine with ingredients.
- Add cocoa powder and mix into the mixture and you will see that the mixture is becoming wet and liquid.
- Add a little cream for more liquid and to get the fudge thickness.
- Simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over icecream and/or yoghurt!
For the lemon version:
- In heated pan melt the butter.
- Add the honey, according to sweetness preferred.
- Add the lemon zest and carefully add lemon juice.
- Add the bananas sliced, and simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cream carefully to get more fudgy liquid and gently simmer about a minute.
- Serve immediately over icecream and/or yoghurt, very delicious.