"This super creamy sweet custard is a great base for any desert. The best part of this recipe is that you are only limited by your imagination. This custard goes well with fruit, nuts, chocolate, whipped cream and sprinkles."
View the method
- 1 T Corn flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 size 6 egg yolks
- 4 cups milk or 100g milk powder and 4 cups of water
- Chocolate (optional)
- Cream (optional)
Back to ingredients
- In a medium sauce pan mix the sugar and corn flour with a whisk.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks. Mix in the milk or milk powder. If using milk powder use 1 or 2 cups cold water first and the rest hot water.
- Slowly add the milk to the sugar, mixing constantly.
- On a medium heat mix constantly. Once it comes to a boil continue heating for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and put the bottom of the pot into cold water for a few minutes.
- Pour custard into ramekins or serving dish.
- Put plastic wrap on the top of the custard, trying to have as little air as possible. This prevents a skin from forming.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Optional suggestion is to melt 50 g chocolate with a splash of cream alternatively whip the cream. Put chocolate or cream on top of custard top with berries and serve.