Prawn Sandwiches with Tarragon and Fennel Mayo
Sandwiches are always well received at parties and these tasty little prawn and fennel bites should fit the bill nicely.
- 250 grams small cooked prawns, roughly chopped
- 14 slices sandwich bread, crusts cut off
- soft butter for spreading
- ½ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup julienned or very finely diced fennel, fronds reserved
- sea salt and ground pepper
Mayonnaise: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the prawns.
To assemble: Butter all the bread. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in a line across the centre of each piece, leaving a small border, then fold over and pinch the sides together firmly to seal. Cut in half and arrange cut-side up on a serving tray. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds. Makes 28 halves