Rump Steak Kebabs with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Juicy nuggets of beef get topped with a spicy pineapple salsa and crunchy peanuts, then wrapped in lettuce leaves. Cooking the reserved marinade adds a glorious sticky glaze.
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 800 grams rump or sirloin steaks, fat trimmed and cut 2cm pieces
- sea salt and ground pepper
- To serve:
- ½ pineapple, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- cos lettuce leaves, toasted sesame seeds, chopped roasted peanuts and cooked rice noodles and bok choy
- 12 x 15cm wooden skewers soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
- Combine all the ingredients except the steak, in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the meat and turn to coat well and marinate for 1 hour. Thread the meat on to skewers.
- Tip the marinade left in the bowl into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced and syrupy. Set aside.
- Cook the kebabs on a lightly greased preheated grill pan or barbecue for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
To serve: Combine the pineapple, chilli and spring onions. Place the skewers in the lettuce leaves and spoon over the warm cooked marinade. Top with the pineapple salsa, sesame seeds and peanuts. Serve with the rice noodles and bok choy.