- 1 cup farro, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 200 grams slim green beans, stem end trimmed
- 400-gram tin borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup each olive oil and vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- small handful each mint and parsley leaves
- sea salt and ground pepper
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and it turns a lovely green colour.
Cook the farro in plenty of water until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water then drain well again. Tip into a large bowl
and toss with half of the dressing.
Blanch the edamame beans, peas and beans separately in a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Lift each batch out with a slotted spoon then immediately plunge into chilled water to refresh. Drain on kitchen towels.
Add the beans, peas and spring onions to the farro and toss together. Transfer to a serving platter and arrange the avocado on top, serving the remaining dressing separately.
We served the salad with skewers of cherry tomatoes, which were lightly grilled.
Recipe: Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine, Photography: Manja Wachsmuth