- 16 lamb cutlets or chops
- olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 fresh dates, pitted and ripped
- 100 grams halloumi, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Chimichurri Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- ½ cup tightly packed parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes or more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Dissolve the salt in the boiling water and cool.
Place the herbs, chilli flakes, garlic and the oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Tip into a bowl and whisk in the vinegar, pepper and salt water. Set aside. Makes ¾ cup.
Brush the cutlets with oil and season well. Heat a sauté pan or barbecue and cook the cutlets for 2 minutes each side or until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate and immediately spoon a little chimichurri over each cutlet.
Combine the quinoa with the remaining dressing, season generously and place on a large platter.
Scatter over the pumpkin seeds, dates, halloumi and herbs. Serve the cutlets alongside.
Recipe: Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine, Photography: Josh Griggs