- 4 × scotch fillet steaks
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup thick plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 gram ball fresh mozzarella in whey, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and quartered
- small handful basil leaves
Rub the steaks with a little olive oil and season generously. Heat a sauté pan or barbecue and when hot cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate and rest for 3 minutes.
Combine the yoghurt, oil and garlic in a shallow bowl and season. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and toss through the yoghurt.
Slice the steaks and arrange on plates, pouring over the meat resting juices. Put the tomatoes and avocado alongside. Spoon the mozzarella and yoghurt over the top and scatter with the basil. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a grind of pepper.
Recipe: Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine, Photography: Aaron McLean