- 600 grams sirloin steak
- olive oil
- ¼ cup each sour cream and mayonnaise
- 1–2 tablespoons smoked chipotle sauce
- sea salt and ground pepper
- To serve:
- 10 warm flour tortillas, sliced avocado, purchased coleslaw, feta cheese, coriander and lime wedges
- 1 cup coriander
- ½ cup mint
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander and cumin
- ½ cup olive oil
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Add more honey or lime juice to balance the flavours, if needed.
Rub the steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a sauté pan and when hot, cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side or until done to your liking. Rest for 2 minutes, then slice thinly.
Stir the sour cream, mayo and chipotle sauce together.
Arrange everything on a platter and let everyone make up their own taco.
Recipe: Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine, Photography: Manja Wachsmuth