Magical Fruit Eggs
Try this different take on Easter eggs. They’re a little bit healthier and a lot more fun!
View the method
- Chocolate suitable for melting
- Your favourite egg shaped fruit (grapes, feijoas, kiwifruit, kiwi berry, etc.)
- Your favourite edible decorations (chocolate decorating pens, chopped nuts, sprinkles, chopped dried fruit, icing decorations, etc.)
Back to ingredients
- Break chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and heat gently until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Wash your fruit and peel if necessary. It may also be necessary to freeze some fruits before covering in chocolate to make sure it sticks properly.
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Using a skewer or a fork, dip the fruit into the chocolate and turn to make sure the whole fruit is covered. Carefully place each piece of fruit onto the baking tray.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set (1-2 hours).
- Decorate your magical fruit eggs anyway you want! Decorate with icing pens or add cute icing decorations. Some decorating (like rolling in chopped nuts) is easier to do while the chocolate is still soft, so remove these eggs from the fridge earlier and then return them until fully set.
- Store in the fridge when finished. It’s best to eat these within a few days of making them.