We all need small snacks throughout the day to keep our energy up, and you really want them to be healthy otherwise you get that short high from sugar and then you slump. This is a lovely recipe to make muesli bars!
- 100g butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 3/4 cup fine rolled oats (it's important that they're fine or they won't hold together)
- Pinch of salt
1. Turn the oven on to 170 degrees
2. Turn the hob on to medium and melt 100g butter or coconut oil and the ½ cup of honey
3. Take this off the heat
4. Add the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
5. Press this mixture into a lined baking tray. Use the back of a spoon to press down firmly.
6. Bake at 170 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden.
7. Press it down again when it comes out of the oven (carefully as it will be hot).... This will stop it crumbling when cut.
8. Cool in the tin then refrigerate for an hour or two before cutting into bars.
You can keep these for a few weeks in an airtight container and they're delicious to have in your lunchbox.