Super yummy fish gravy
"This is a popular dish which can be made in a jiffy and comes from the State of Karnataka in South India. Any firm fish can be used for this recipe.You can be sure that it will be a favourite among family and friends. My family loves this curry and I hope you do too!."
- 4 Fish Fillets, cleaned (any firm fish will do)
- 2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes (alter the Chilli according to your preference and taste)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 cup Lite Coconut Cream
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- Chopped Coriander to garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rub the Lime Juice and a pinch of Salt into the fish fillets and set aside.
- Grind the Chilli Flakes, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Garlic, and Turmeric with the Coconut Cream using a little water.
- Heat the Oil in a wide pan and fry the Onion until it is transparent.
- Add the ground paste to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the marinated Fish and toss well.
- Add 1 Cup Water, Salt, Pepper and a pinch of Sugar and give it a good stir.
- Cook covered on medium heat until done. About 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and garnish with Chopped Coriander.
- Serve hot with Steamed Rice and a Lemon Wedge on the side.