Lemon Cranberry Drumsticks
Cranberries add a sweet tang to these sticky drumsticks. Make sure you bake the potatoes well so they crisp on the cut surface.
View the method
- 2 lemons
- 85g Sunsweet Dried Cranberries
- 8-12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbs Pams Wholegrain Mustard
- 70g Leggos Tomato Paste
- 1 knob of fresh ginger. peeled
- 2 tbs Tasti Sesame Seeds
- 6 tbs Mama San Soy Sauce
- 4 large potatoes, washed and cut in ½ lengthways
- 1 bag The Fresh Grower Ballaverde Sweet Stem Broccoli
- 4 tbs Anchor Sour Cream
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, oil
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cut one lemon into slices. Juice and zest the other one.
- Add all the lemon, ½ the cranberries and the chicken drumsticks to a baking tray.
- Pulse the mustard, tomato paste, ginger, sesame seeds, soy and the rest of the cranberries together and tip onto the chicken.
- Mix together well and set aside for 10 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- After 10 minutes, put them into the oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Rub the cut surface of the potatoes with oil, season and cook in the oven, cut side up.
- Steam the broccoli stems for 5 minutes.
- Serve the drumsticks with the broccoli, potato and a dollop of sour cream.
- To score the chicken cut 2-3 diagonal slashes across the drumsticks to help them cook more evenly.
- 4tbs of Pomegranate molasses can be substituted for the cranberries and the lemon juice. Japanese Soy sauce has a sweeter, less harsh flavor. It is perfect for dipping.