Moroccan lamb, chickpea and coriander hotpot
"A rich flavoursome main easy to prepare but plenty of goodness."
View the method
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 800gm cubed lamb
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 x 400gm chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2/3 cup dried red lentils
- can of chickpeas drained
- extra coriander to garnish
Back to ingredients
- Heat oil in a saucepan on high.
- Brown lamb in batches.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and garlic and return lamb to the pan, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, season and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add coriander, tomato, stock, and 400 ml of water.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Add lentils and chickpeas, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for a further 30 minutes or untill lamb is tender.
- Season to taste and garnish with the extra coriander.
- (Depending on taste an extra 1/2 teaspoon of spices may be added).