Spiced lamb vegetable and Israeli couscous salad
A flavourful and nutritious lamb salad with couscous and a delicious fresh yoghurt sauce.
View the method
- 4 Quality Mark lamb steaks, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm slices
- 3 courgettes, sliced lengthways
- 2 red onions, sliced thinly
- 1½ cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Couscous salad:
- 1½ cups Israeli couscous
- 1½ cups Campbell’s Real Stock – Salt Reduced Chicken
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Yoghurt sauce:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh soft herbs, such as mint or coriander
Back to ingredients
- Season the lamb steaks on both side with the coriander, turmeric and paprika.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a high heat, and cook steaks for a few minutes each side until medium rare.
- Rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing.
- While the steaks are resting, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush the slices of eggplant with oil, season with salt and pepper and fry for a few minutes each side until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat a little oil over medium high heat. Add the courgette, red onion, spinach and garlic and sauté until tender. Set aside.
- Cook the couscous according to the directions on the packet, using the stock instead of water. Cool slightly, and then combine in a large bowl with the roasted vegetables, tomatoes, almonds and feta.
- Mix the lemon juice, yoghurt, and fresh herbs together in a bowl and season.
- Place slices of eggplant on each plate.
- Top with the couscous salad and the sliced lamb.
- Drizzle with the yoghurt dressing and sprinkle with coriander.