Donburi Chicken Bowl
View the method
- 2 cups Value Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons Pams Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pams crushed garlic
- 500g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 3 ½ cups Pams frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Back to ingredients
- Cook brown rice according to packet instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot sticks and frozen vegetables and cook for two minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce and boiling water.
- Pour the sauce into the frying pan and mix well. Put a lid on the frying pan and let it simmer for 5–10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Assemble each bowl with some rice in the bottom, topped with the chicken and vegetable mixture. Garnish each bowl with spring onion and sesame seeds (optional)