Pineapple, bacon and spinach salad
A fresh and tasty salad using Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple.
View the method
- 1/2 cup olive oil (for dressing)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil (for bacon)
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into large pieces
- 120g packet baby spinach
- 1/2 Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
Back to ingredients
- Prepare dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, honey, crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan. Cook bacon over high heat until brown and crisp.
- Place baby spinach, pineapple, red onion, bacon and pine nuts in salad bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, toss gently and serve immediately.
Wine suggestion: Sauvignon Blanc