This is quick, healthy, easy, tasty and cheap meal with an amusing name which is a real conversation piece. Aptly named as busy "ladies", I often throw this together for sustenance. It has the full flavours of a traditional Italian dish but with products that are easily available at your local store.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cans whole tomatoes
- A handful of Italian parsley
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 2-3 cans of anchovies
- 500 grams spaghetti (fresh or dried)
- 3/4 cup of marsala or sweet sherry
- Black olives to taste
- Heat oil and gently soften chopped onion and garlic.
- Get water to boil in a separate saucepan.
- Add spaghetti and cook till al dente.
- Meanwhile stir in the Anchovies, capers and chilli flakes to the onion and garlic.
- Add a can or 2 whole tomatoes and break up with a wooden spatula.
- Add half of the roughly chopped parsley.
- Add the Marsala and rest of parsley. Salt to taste
- Put drained spaghetti onto plates and spoon sauce over. Top with olives to taste and serve with ciabatta bread.