Curried rice and smoked fish pie
"This recipe is a tasty Sunday Night Dinner, easy to make and served with a salad it just fits the bill. I have been making it over the years but it was brought back to mind when my daughter who lives in Chicago requested it a couple of weeks ago when they were out here visiting."
- 1 tin Sealord Smoked Fish
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup Mainland Tasty Cheese
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Milk as required
- The quantities for the rice and water is what I use in my rice cooker.
- Cook the rice and whilst that is cooking , saute onion in the oil and add the curry powder.
- When rice is cooked add the onion and curry powder to the rice and mix throughly until the rice is all coloured.
- Line lasagna type dish with the rice bring the rice right up the sides.
- Flake the fish into the dish reserving the liquid.
- Make a roux with the fish liquid and the flour , adding milk to make a sauce , when it is the required consistency add the cheese, and pour over the flaked fish in the dish.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and heat in oven at 180 deg for approx 40mins.