Mexican style corn salad
Too often salads play a supporting role at mealtime – but this one is guaranteed to take centre stage. With charred corn, black beans and a touch of spice from the jalapeños, it will have everyone coming back for seconds.
View the method
- 4 corn on the cob, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeños
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- Lime wedges, to serve
- ½ cup Pams Classic Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder or chilli powder
Back to ingredients
- To prepare the dressing, place the mayonnaise, lime juice, smoked paprika and chipotle powder or chilli powder in a small bowl. Season to taste, mix to combine, then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Blanch the corn cobs for 1 minute then drain. Brush the corn cobs with olive oil then cook on a preheated barbecue for 10-12 minutes, or until charred and tender. Turn regularly during cooking.
- Once the corn cobs are cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob, trying to keep them in clusters. Place into a salad bowl or onto a platter with the black beans, cherry tomatoes, red onion and jalapeños. Add the dressing and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle over the feta and coriander and garnish with lime wedges.