Roast meat salad
Packed with vegetables, we all know that salads are a healthy way of getting vitamins and minerals into your body. But when you're used to eating lighter salads over the warmer months, how can you adapt this meal for winter time?
- 200g leftover roast chicken, lamb, pork or beef, thinly sliced
- Handful of sesame seeds or finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, grated into thin strips
- 1 capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 tspn sweet chilli sauce
- Small handful of fresh basil, torn
- Small handful of fresh mint, torn
- Small handful of fresh coriander, torn
- Handful of fresh bean sprouts
- Lime juice to taste
- Meat marinade:
- 2 tblspns sesame oil
- 2 tblspns fish sauce
- 1 tblspn soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tspn finely grated ginger
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl with leftover meat, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for around 30 mins.
- In another large bowl, place remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine. Divide between plates if you wish to serve individually.
- Once meat has marinated, pan fry until piping hot, then lay over the top of the salad. Garnish with scattered sesame seeds or peanuts, then drizzle with lime juice.
Tip: For a heartier salad, toss in freshly cooked noodles.