Market fish with crisp Thai salad
With Thai inspired flavours and fresh ingredients, this light salad makes a quick and delicious summery meal. Visit New World's seafood section for whatever fish is freshest on the day; monkfish works well.
- 800 grams fresh fish fillets (I used monkfish)
- olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup beansprouts
- ½ telegraph cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- To serve:
- handful coriander
- lime wedges for serving
Salad: Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
Dressing: Whisk everything together to dissolve the sugar. Pour over the salad and toss to coat well.
Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
Heat a little oil in a sauté pan. When hot, add the fish and cook until golden and just cooked through.
To serve: Divide the salad and fish between plates. Add a lime wedge and scatter with coriander.