Spicy savoury Indian pancakes
"This dish can be made with many variations as is the case in India. Here is the version my family and friends love. They always come back for more. I'm sure that you'll love them, too. They're not hot at all, but very pleasantly spiced."
View the method
- 2 cups Rice flour
- 4 Tbsp Chickpea flour
- 3 Tbsp very finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp sweet corn kernels, coarsely ground
- 1 Tbsp spinach chopped, finely
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying the pancakes
Back to ingredients
- Using just enough water, mix rice and chickpea flour with all ingredients except oil, to make a fine pancake batter.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, and make pancakes using very little oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or unsalted butter.