Crispy Roast Potatoes
The secret’s all in the preparation! Roasting potatoes in Alfa One Rice Bran Oil will make your potatoes deliciously golden and crunchy and wont leave them with an oily aftertaste. Alfa One Rice Bran oil has significantly lower viscosity (is more runny) than other vegetable oils and olive oil. It therefore drains off better in roasting applications leaving your food less oily and your pan easier to clean!
- Roasting Potatoes (Agria, Red Jackets, Red Rascal and Vivaldi are all good varieties)
- 1/4 cup Alfa One Rice Bran Oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C (350F)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until soft to about 0.5cm on the outside, but still uncooked inside.
- Drain and set aside for 10-15 minutes or until just cool enough to handle.
- Using the tines of a fork, rough up the outside of each potato. This will make them crispier when cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup of Alfa One Rice Bran Oil in a roasting dish in the oven.
- Toss the potatoes in the hot oil to coat. Bake at 180 degrees C for 45-60 minutes or until golden and cooked, turning the potatoes regularly during cooking so they brown and crisp evenly.