Fresh Vietnamese spring rolls
"This is a dish from Vietnam. It's our family favourite, we have it all the time in the summer because it's healthy and tasty. I love to make it for my family and friends. It fits the world cup theme because I've made for many of my friends of different nationalities and they love it."
- 2 squares from packet Rice noodle (round and thin)
- 10 sheets Rice paper
- 4 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 20 whole prawns
- 3 Porkstrips -
- 1/2 cucumber
- Coriander/mint/Vietnamese mint - any combination
- 2 handfuls Beansprout
- 2 handfuls Lettuce
- 5 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Roughly crushed peanuts (unsalted)- topping for sauce
- Fresh chilli/Chilli sauce
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp Water
- Boil pork, prawns, noodles (separately) and cut porkstrips into thin slices
- Cut cucumber into 4cm strips, chop coriander into 2cm strips, cut lettuce into small strips. Separate mint into individual leaves and roughly crush peanuts
- Prepare Hoisin and peanut sauce by Combining hoisin sauce, crunchy peanut butter and water. Mix well. Bring to boil then simmer for 5mins and add lemon juice.
- Put hot water (not boiling) into a big bowl then dip rice paper half side at a time until all wet. Place on a big plate. Fill roll with a combination of meat, noodles and veges, roll it up like a springroll then dip into sauce.
- Add fresh chilli/chilli sauce and crushed peanuts before serving.