Thai chicken soup
"I love eating at our local Thai restaurant and always order Tom Yum soup. Being a mum of four children I simply can't afford to dine out when I would like so I went to our local New World and bought ingredients that were similar, but put a kiwi spin on it. Everybody I make it for LOVES IT!"
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- ½ red capsicum
- ¼ cup spring onions
- ⅓ cup shredded cabbage
- 70g tomato paste
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup sweet Thai chilli sauce
- 1 lime
- Dice chicken breasts into bite size pieces and sauté in a pot with the oil until brown.
- Add crushed garlic, stir and add the shredded cabbage, diced up capsicum and sliced spring onions.
- Stir fry for 1 minute then add the chicken stock, tomato paste, chilli sauce and coconut cream.
- Bring soup to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, where you now add the juice of 1 lime.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.