We've turned a long time Southland favourite into a tomato Sauce favourite! Simple and fun to make (and eat), whip some of these up for everyone to enjoy. Perfect for morning or afternoon tea, or anytime you need a quick and tasty snack!
- 200g tasty cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- ½ cup Wattie's Tomato Sauce 50% Less Sugar
- 10 slices white or wholemeal sandwich sliced bread
- 50g butter, melted (optional)
- Mix together grated cheese, onion and Wattie’s Tomato Sauce 50% Less Sugar.
- To make bread easier to roll up, give each slice a light roll with a rolling pin.
- Spread the cheese mixture over each slice of bread and roll up to enclose filling. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. Brush with melted butter if wished.
- Place on a tray under a preheated hot grill and grill until golden, turning once during cooking until golden and filling is hot.
- Serve while the rolls are still hot.
Use a lower fat cheese like Edam or Mainland Noble cheese if wished.